Ranger RL-8500XLT Brake Lathe Combination Disc/Drum Lathe With Bench
Brand: Ranger Products
Model: RL-8500XLT Brake Lathe
The new Heavy-Duty RL-8500XLT Combination Brake Lathe from Ranger features an extended capacity spindle and can turn a drum that’s up to 10-inches deep. The longer spindle and the relocated rear bushing provide the RL-8500XLT arbor with enough support to handle your heaviest drum rotors.
Ranger RL8500XLT Brake Lathe Combination Disc/Drum Brake Lathe Features:
- Extended capacity spindle can be used on brake drums 10” deep
- Rear bushing location provides extra support for the arbor
- Capable of truing even the heaviest drum rotors
- In contrast to mechanically-driven transmission and gear boxes, the RL-8500XLT uses precision electric DC servo motors designed to meet the demanding requirements of industrial motion control
- Quick-Change Adapter-Plus system with built-in springs eliminates the need for conventional bell clamps and cones
- Works on all cars or trucks, both foreign and domestic, with hubless drums, rotors (center hole sized 2-5/32” – 4”) and composite rotors (center hole sized 4” – 6-1/4”)
- The RL-8500XLT is equipped with features that help increase your service capability, like precision twin cutter tools and a quick drum-to-rotor changeover
- Infinitely variable spindle and cross feed speed settings allow for quick rough and precision finish cuts
- Simple ergonomic controls are designed for minimal operator movement
- Legendary control makes unit easy to learn and master.
- The RL-8500XLT maintains accuracy year after year thanks to ruggedly constructed components, like a hardened, precision ground spindle that resists grooving and makes boots a thing of the past
- Massive tapered spindle bearings offer superior weight support during rotation
- Our exclusive "splash-lube" oil-feed system supplies a constant flow of oil to the bearings making sure they provide years of trouble-free service
- Serpentine belts provide a faster, quieter operation, reducing chatter and vibration
- An independent cross-feed motor eliminates the need for plastic or bronze shear gears which are expensive and time consuming to replace
- A convenient top storage tray means your popular adapters and tools are kept within short reach
- Separate motors on the drum and rotor feed help maximize the main motor's efficiency
- Our deluxe standard adapter package includes a Quick-Change hubless adapter system that makes mounting rotors and drums quick and easy
- A variety of adapters let you machine all standard and composite rotors for foreign and domestic cars and light trucks
- A 450-lb. cast iron body and a solid work bench reduces transient vibrations, ensuring a smooth uninterrupted surface finish with each pass
- Easily change arbor speeds in seconds: choose 150 or 200 rpm, depending on the job
- Positive rake cutter tip angle provides for a single-pass finish virtually every time, allowing you to complete your work faster than with inferior multi-pass lathes
- Optional truck adapter kit available
Ranger RL8500XLT Brake Lathe Combination Disc/Drum Brake Lathe Specifications:
- Motor drive unit: 115 – 230 VAC / 50 – 60 Hz / 1 Ph / 20 amp
- Max rotor thickness: 2-1/2" / 64 mm
- Max rotor diameter: 17" / 432 mm
- Brake drum diameter: 6" – 28" / 152 mm – 711 mm
- Max load with standard 1" arbor: 150 lbs. / 68 kg
- Max load with optional 1-7/8" truck arbor: 250 lbs. / 113 kg
- Spindle travel: 9-7/8" / 248 mm
- Spindle speed: 150 rpm – 200 rpm
- Cross feed speed: (∞) 0 - .010" per revolution / 0 - 0.25 mm per revolution
- Spindle feed speed:(∞) 0 - .020" per revolution / 0 - 0.55 mm per revolution
- Overall mounted height: 62" / 1,575 mm
- Spindle to floor (mounted): 39-1/2" / 1,003 mm
- Required floor space (width): 53" / 1,347 mm
- Required floor space (depth): 36" / 914 mm
- Shipping weight including bench and tools: 720 lbs. / 327 kg
Ranger RL8500XLT Super Duty Brake Lathe Documentation:
Free Shipping on this Ranger RL-8500XLT Super Duty Combination Disc/Drum Brake Lathe
- Item Requires Shipping
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.
- Alpha Omega Difference
- Knowledgeable Experts to help youOur staff of automotive shop equipment experts will guide you to make the perfect equipment purchase for your situation.
- Request On Site Service in CaliforniaWe do our own expert Lift Installations and Service after Sales throughout California.
- Used Hunter Engineering Company EquipmentOffering volume discount pricing on HUNTER wheel service equipment for over 25 years.
- Shipping & Returns Policies